Squee! Halloween comes out on Friday and I am jolly as this little girl, look! I can’t wait to see Jamie Lee Curtis back in action. It’s going to be lit, as the kiddies say. What else will be “lit” you ask? Your weekend. Check it out.
READ MORE: Local Experts React To New Alzheimer's Drug, Aduhelm
- Little Five Points Halloween Festival
- Date: Saturday, October 20, 2018 (12:00 PM – 11:00 PM)
- Location: Little Five Points
- Okay, we all know that Little Five Points is unique in its own way, right? Don’t you think a Halloween Festival there would be just as cool?! Well, you guess right. This Halloween Festival brings out some crazy cool fun only L5P would do right, including concerts, food and a parade! There will even be an Artist’s Market. Last year, that’s where I got my Zombie Woody doll. Yup, it’s a thing…and it is brilliant. To find out more information about the festival, click here!
- Taste of Atlanta
- Dates: Friday, October 19, 2018 – Sunday, October 21, 2018
- It’s suppertime! More than ninety of your favorite food spots are dropping by to give you their best treats in hopes to be named one of Atlanta’s best eateries! I know that one of my favorite places, PONKO Chicken will be there. They’re a Japanese-inspired chicken spot that has AMAZING food. I literally eat there once a week. You can look at their menu here. You’ll have a chance to sample craft beers, wine and creative cocktails too! Check out their website for more info!
READ MORE: Businesses Hopeful To End Labor Shortage When Pandemic Unemployment Compensation Ends June 26
- AID Atlanta AIDS Walk & 5K Run
- Date: Sunday, October 21, 2018 (1:00 PM)
- Location: Piedmont Park
- In its 28th year, the AIDS Walk Atlanta & 5K Run is one of the hugest HIV/AIDS fundraisers in the Southeast. What do you have to do? Just walk (or run)! Join everyone at Piedmont Park for a fun community festival complete with food, beverages, music the AIDS Quilt display, free health info & HIV testing and more! It’s truly a great experience for an even greater cause. Get out there and show your support! Find out how to register here!
- Stone Mountain Highland Games
- Dates: Saturday, October 20, 2018 – Sunday, October 21, 2018 (8:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
- Location: Stone Mountain Park
- Want to show your Scottish heritage here in the Southeast? Now’s your chance! The Highland Games are happening again at Stone Mountain Park this weekend. You’ll be entranced by bagpiping, fiddles and harps as you compete in some fantastic Highland Athletic events. There will be music. There will be dancing. There will be clans and tartans. This is exciting me way more than I thought it would. I might have to attend. The event is fun for the entire family, and will be held rain or shine! Click here for more information!
MORE NEWS: The SCAD Fashion 2021 Experience
- The Ghastly Dreadfuls
- Dates: Now – Sunday, October 28, 2018
- Location: Center for Puppetry Arts
- Who says puppets can’t be frightening? One of Atlanta’s best shows, The Ghastly Dreadfuls, is back through the 28th! Encounter creepy stories and frightful songs from around the world. It’s a jam-packed ghostly jamboree! If I were you, I’d leave the kiddies at home for this one. Wine and beer is sold before the performance and during intermission. You definitely want to check this show out! Here’s their website for more information about tickets!
And there it is–your “lit” weekend. I’m going to gear up for the Halloween movie now. I’ve got a day to prepare myself. Wish me luck!