What starts with “W” and is loads of fun?! Wendell, obviously…but that’s a matter of opinion. What is FACT, is that your weekend is here. And it is fun.
- Official Atlanta Pride Kickoff Party
- Date: Friday, October 12, 2018 (7:00 PM – 11:30 PM)
- Location: Georgia Aquarium
- One of the most highly anticipated (and most unique) parties of the year is happening at the Georgia Aquarium. Atlanta Pride kicks off its annual celebration here with live music, access to all Aquarium galleries and neon lights galore! You can find out more info about the event here.
READ MORE: Dragon Con 2021 Draws Thousands Of Fans To Atlanta
- Run Like Hell 5K & Fun Run
- Date: Saturday, October 13, 2018 (9:00 AM – Noon)
- Location: Historic Oakland Cemetery
- So this race is all about spoopy fun. You’ll get a chance to dress in your favorite costume and run like hell for a great cause. All proceeds from the run go to the Historic Oakland Cemetery’s Foundation! You can even bring your precious pooch in his hot dog costume if you’d like! You can check out the information and register here.
- Oktoberfest Atlanta
- Dates: Friday, October 12, 2018 – Sunday, October 14, 2018 (1:00 PM – 7:00 AM)
- Location: Historic Fourth Ward Park
- I got a chance to visit Oktoberfest in Munich this year and have never had so many carbs in my life. Yes, that is the only memory that sticks with me from that event. I also remember almost popping out of my lederhosen (accidentally, promise). If you’d like to get a taste of the true Oktoberfest life, check out the Oktoberfest celebration in Old Fourth Ward Park this weekend. Complete with authentic Duetsche Musik und Spielen. There’s even a keg roll race happening?! Ugh, I might have to go. Mama, hand me my lederhosen! Grab your tickets today! Prost!
- Atlanta Chili Cook-Off
- Date: Saturday, October 13, 2018 (1:00 PM – 5:00 PM)
- Location: Brookhaven Park
- Aww, yiss. My favorite event of the season is here (aside from the Mac n’ Cheese festival): The Atlanta Chili Cook-Off! Come sample the best chili across the city as amateur and professional teams compete for over $2,500 in prizes! Yea, there’s a lot at stake here. There also will be copious amounts of local brews for you to pair perfectly with your chili. Mmm.. Find out more info here!
- Date: Saturday, October 13, 2018 (10:00 AM – 2:00 PM)
- Location: Zoo Atlanta
- Okay, I’m not going to lie…I was a bit disappointed when I found out crocodiles wouldn’t be wearing lederhosen. This “Croc”toberfest, celebrate the world’s most intriguing reptile at Zoo Atlanta. There will be a crocodile training demo, special lessons and exhibits on the culture of the croc and more! You can check out how to get your tickets here. Sorry, the crocs don’t drink Pilsner.
READ MORE: Meet The 11-Year-Old President Of The Pinellas Non-Profit, Trash Turles
Alright, friends. Fly and be free. Your weekend awaits.
MORE NEWS: CW69 Sports Interview: Shawn Elliott (Cont'd)