It’s the first spoopy weekend of October! Check out these fun events to get you in a hauntingly good mood (and no “spoopy” isn’t a typo).
- First Friday at the High: Pre-Pride Party
- Date: Friday, October 5, 2018 (6:00 PM – 9:00 PM)
- Location: High Museum of Art
- One of the most anticipated times of the year is here–Atlanta Pride! Begin your celebrations at the High Museum of Art during First Friday at the High, a monthly event hosted by our friends at the High. This particular Friday will feature a snatched drag show, live music by DJ Whitney Abstrakt, photo booths and more! There will even be a live model drawing session…my, oh my, let me sneak into that. You can still grab your tickets here, but hurry before they sashay away!
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Dates: Friday, October 5, 2018 – Sunday, October 7, 2018 (8:00 PM – 10:30 PM each night)
- Location: Atlanta Symphony Hall
- Relive the magic of the Wizarding World at Atlanta Symphony Hall this weekend, as a live orchestra plays the entire Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets score! But that’s not all! You can watch the movie on a huge screen right above them! I love this event truly. It makes my little Hufflepuff heart warm. Find out more information about ticket availability and showtimes here.
- ATL Cluck Festival
- Date: Saturday, October 6, 2018 (11:00 AM – 7:00 PM)
- Location: Candler Park
- Everyone loves fried chicken, right? Wrong. I don’t. I love chicken nuggets because I’m five years old. But, the good thing is, at the ATL Cluck Fest every type of fried chicken is celebrated. This is the first annual festival celebrating a Southern delicacy that is more household than that broom in your closet. Over twenty-five restaurants will bringing their cluckin’ best fried chicken creations, competing to win the title of Atlanta’s Best Fried Chicken. You can get regular or VIP tickets to this event.
CluckClick here for more information.
- Fear the Woods Haunted House
- Dates: Now – Wednesday, October 31, 2018 (7:00 PM roughly, but check website for start times as they may vary)
- Location: Yule Forest
- So, have you ever gone through the woods and thought someone (or something) was following you? Well, get ready to bring that fear to life with Fear the Woods! This haunted attraction is definitely a fright for you this season. There are three professional haunts throughout this attraction that is definitely a boo for your buck. There will be zombies. There will be (fake) blood. Yes, it’s downright spooky. Check out their site for opening times and ticket prices!
- Netherworld Haunted House
- Dates: Now – Sunday, November 4, 2018 (7:00 PM – 10:30 PM, check website for start times as they may vary)
- Location: NETHERWORLD (2076 Park Place Blvd, Stone Mountain, GA 30087)
- OMG, MY FAVORITE PLACE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD IS OPEN AGAIN!!! Come experience Netherworld in its new home in Stone Mountain, GA! They’re not only including several amazing haunted experiences, but also some chilling escape room fun! You’ll also get a chance to check out The House of Creeps, a museum dedicated to monster movie magic! I’m so excited to go. If you hear a shriek…it wasn’t me (okay, yes it was). Grab all of your tickets here!
Alrighty my little ghosties! Enjoy your first weekend of everyone’s favorite month of the year!