The heat is definitely on in Atlanta, and so is your weekend! Here are some hot spots you should check out on your weekly holiday away from work.
- SEC Summerfest
- Date: Sunday, July 15, 2018 (1:00PM – 8:00PM)
- Location: Centennial Olympic Park
- Can you believe, I’m actually excited for the 2018 SEC football season?! This is a new feeling, I’m still trying to understand how to react to it. If you’re like me or any other SEC fan in the South, head to the SEC Summerfest at Centennial Olympic Park on Sunday. It’s the ultimate fan event with live music, food trucks, interactive fun and more. You can even watch the SEC Nation show live (6:00PM – 8:00PM) from the park! See?! I even know what that show is! Someone call the doctor. Find out more information about this family-friendly event here.
- Atlanta Comic Con
- Dates: Friday, July 13, 2018 – Sunday, July 15, 2018
- Location: Georgia World Congress Center
- Come enjoy the Con this weekend at the Georgia World Congress Center! Don your best cosplay and enjoy the fun world of “comicdom” with celebrity meet and greets, interactive bits, interview panels and more! I hear Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom, Harry Potter series) will be there. We have all watched him grow up and can I just say it’s like a bit of wingardium leviohotstuff. Eh? Ahem. Anyway, tickets can be purchased here!
- Attack of the Killer Tomato Festival
- Date: Sunday, July 15, 2018 (1:00PM – 5:00PM)
- Location: Westside Provisions District
- One of my favorite movies growing up was Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. It brought me so much joy seeing those blood-thirsty red circles menacingly rolling around. Alas, this festival is not celebrating that. BUT. Celebrating connecting Georgia-grown organic foods to Georgia families? That’s definitely a win. Join Chef-restaurateur Ford Fry for their tenth annual Attack of the Killer Tomato Festival this weekend. Top chefs, mixologists and local farmers will create great tomato-based items in support of Georgia Organics. There will be tons of Sweetwater and other libations for you to enjoy while you ketchup with everyone else. Eek, that was terrible. You can still purchase your tickets, and Georgia Organics member get a nice discount. Check out more information here!
- The Atlanta Pancakes and Booze Art Show
- Dates: Friday, July 13, 2018 – Saturday, July 14, 2018 (8:00PM – 2:00AM)
- Location: Georgia Freight Depot
- FREE PANCAKES! Okay, now that I have your attention…check out the Pancakes & Booze Art Show this weekend, showcasing over 500 pieces of artwork! Local artists bring you the best in fine art, pop art and photography at this event. Aside from the amazing creativity, you’ll get a chance to whet your appetite with a free pancake bar paired with signature cocktails or craft beer. There’ll be live DJs and body painting. This event seriously sounds all around fun. You can buy tickets at the door (cash only) or online. If you’d like to submit some of your artwork for the show, click here. If you’d like to purchase tickets or learn more about it, click here!
- 2018 Atlanta Field Day
- Date: Saturday, July 14, 2018 (11:00AM – 4:00PM)
- Location: Old Fourth Ward Park
- Remember Field Day in grade school? The only day (aside from the last day of school) that we all looked forward to? Well, The Atlanta Sport and Social Club has brought it back! Drum up a team and get down to Old Fourth Ward Park and participate in the classic throwback games like tug of war, relay races and obstacle courses that’ll make your inner child go, “OMG I totes remember this!” If you’ve got a few competitive bones in your body, let’s see if you can win the King of the Field title. I’ll be impressed. Check out their website for more information on the fun!
MORE NEWS: Tiffany Haddish Addresses Recent DUI Arrest
Is it bad that I’m craving those pancakes I just wrote about? See ya next weekend!