What a patriotic week! Now it’s time for some (no-firework) weekend fun. Check out what Atlanta has in store for you.
- Night Nation Run
- Date: Saturday, July 7, 2018 (8:30 PM)
- Location: Georgia State Stadium – Gold Lot
- Okay, get this…combine your favorite music festival with your love of running. What do you get? The Night Nation Run, the world’s first Running Music Festival! You get to experience the nightlife with a course filled with Light Shows, Bubbles, neon lights and some top headliner DJs. One DJ, in particular, is amazing–JETPVCK! His music will keep you pumped and your energy loud as you dance and run the night away. Curious about some of his tracks? Check him out! You can still buy your tickets now or grab them once you get to the festival. Click here for more info.
- Atlanta and the Civil Rights Movement, 1944-1968
- Dates: Saturday, July 7, 2018 – December 1, 2018
- Location: Begins at Beltline Eastside Trail
- Join the movement with the longest public photography exhibition on civil and human rights along the Eastside and Westside Trails of the Atlanta Beltline. Historian and curator, Karcheik Sims-Alvarado, Ph.D. presents this exhibition as a way to show the “narrative of the struggle, fortitude and organizational strength of a people determined to eradicate Jim Crow segregation once and for all.” This powerful exhibition will be presented through the end of the year. Click here for details.
READ MORE: Usher Gave A Tiny Desk Concert In Washington, DC
- Family Night Hike
- Date: Saturday, July 7, 2018 (8:00 PM – 10:00 PM)
- Location: Chattahoochee Nature Center
- Have you been too afraid to go into the woods at night? Never fear! Bring the entire family and discover the wonders in the moonlit woods at the Chattahoochee Nature Center this weekend. You’ll take a look at the stars, listen out for some nighttime friends and you’ll even get to roast some marshmallows around a campfire. I tried that. I burned myself (several times…). Everyone is invited, and tickets can be purchased at the door. Click here for more information.
- Jokin’ Off: A Comedy Battle!
- Date: Saturday, July 7, 2018 (5:00PM – 6:30PM)
- Location: Laughing Skull Lounge
- Atlanta Comedian Greg Behrens brings eight of Atlanta’s best comedians to this single elimination one liner tournament. It’s truly a battle of wit and humor. The winner of the competition will receive the title of Jokin’ Off Champion…and you’ll be the judge. Check out their website on ticket prices and who’s lined up!
- Food-Ology Day
- Date: Saturday, July 7, 2018 (10:00AM – 1:00PM)
- Location: Fernbank Museum of Natural History
- Fernbank’s newest exhibit, FOOD: Our Global Kitchen is being celebrated with three “FOOD-ology Days” to educate and inspire us about how much food affects our lives, culture and history. You’ll get to sample different items, participate in fun demonstrations and even see a few special guests. Check out their website to learn more about the event on Saturday and about the FOOD: Our Global Kitchen exhibit!
See ya next weekend!