Twenty out of thirty days we’ve experienced rain. Will that rain ever ruin your weekend? I hope not.
- Atlanta Streets Alive – Westside
- Date: Sunday, June 10, 2018
- Location: Downtown Atlanta to Underwood Hills
- The Atlanta Bicycle Coalition brings a different type of commute to the streets of Atlanta with Atlanta Streets Alive! Bring your bike or walk 3.6 miles of the normally busy streets of Downtown Atlanta, passing through the great neighborhoods and areas that we call home! Don’t worry, the streets will be blocked off to cars and any motorized vehicles while you have your fun! The event starts at 4pm along Marietta Street and will end around 8pm in Underwood Hills. This is the second Atlanta Streets Alive route of the year, stay tuned for the final route over the next few months! For more information about the route or how you can get involved, click here!
- Out in the Park
- Date: Saturday, June 9, 2018
- Location: Six Flag Over Georgia
- Come celebrate your LGBTQIA Pride at Six Flags Over Georgia this weekend! Atlanta Pride presents, Out in the Park, a fun-filled event celebrating the LGBTQIA community. Patrons of the event will enjoy an all-you-can-eat buffet at JB’s Sports Bar and Grill from 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM. And, don’t forget, unlimited beer and wine too. That’s always a plus! Check out their site to purchase your tickets and for more info!
- Virginia Highland Summerfest
- Dates: Saturday, June 9, 2018 – Sunday, June 10, 2018
- Location: John Howell Park
- Welcome the summer fun at the Virginia Highland Summerfest this weekend with food, fun and music! This free event is home to over 250 artists, a KidsFest, a Peachtree Road Race qualifying 5K and more! Check out their website for more information!
- Atlanta Moon Ride (Benefitting Bert’s Big Adventure)
- Date: Friday, June 8, 2018 (7:00 PM – 12:00 AM)
- Location: Piedmont Park
- Join hundreds of fellow Atlantans on an amazing night bike ride through the city. This six-mile ride benefits Bert’s Big Adventure and is bound to have tons of late-night, family fun. You’re even encouraged to “ride with flair”. Bring out those glowsticks and glow-in-the-dark stars. To find out how to register, click here!
- Fernbank After Dark: Life Hacks
- Date: Friday, June 8, 2018 (7:00 PM – 10:00 PM)
- Location: Fernbank Museum of Natural History
- Okay, this is by far one of my favorite events! Fernbank After Dark is a great opportunity for you and your friends to enjoy the museum after hours, all while doing fun, themed experiments! This week’s theme? Life Hacks. You’ll learn some easy tricks to make life easier, and get a sneak peek of their new exhibit, FOOD: Our Global Kitchen. I’ll definitely see you there. Check out their site for more information!
MORE NEWS: CW69 Sports Interview: Shawn Elliott (Cont'd)
Welp, there’s your weekend! Enjoy it!