Can you believe it’s already June? Summer is sneaking up on us one 95° day at a time. Speaking of warm days, check out the fun you’ll have this weekend.
- 2018 Atlanta Food and Wine Festival
- Dates: Now – Sunday, June 3, 2018
- Location: Loews Atlanta Hotel
- Indulge yourself at the 2018 Atlanta Food and Wine Festival centrally located at the Loews Hotel. More than 150 chefs, sommeliers and more want to give you a chance to #KnowTheSouth with food and drink showcasing the best of what Atlanta has to offer. With the central location being at Loews, you’ll find tons of Tasting Tents around Piedmont Park and tasting events around the city. The 8th annual festival is an anticipated event that garners a humongous audience, so you don’t want to miss it. General admission starts at $85. You can find more information here.
- 2018 Braves Country 5K Presented by Mizuno
- Date: Saturday, June 2, 2018 (Starts at 7:30 AM)
- Location: SunTrust Park
- Looking to get a workout in and still have fun this weekend? Join the Atlanta Track Club at the 2018 Braves Country 5K on Saturday morning at SunTrust Park. It’s a family-friendly event which includes a One Mile and 50m Dash. You’ll even get a chance to be on the big scoreboard! All registered participants will get tickets to one of three upcoming games! Check out their website for more information about registration! The Washington Nationals won’t have any idea what’ll hit them this weekend! GO BRAVES!
- PERKSICLE Tour Presented by #DELTAAMEXPERKS
- Date: Now – Saturday, June 2, 2018 (12:00 PM – 4:00 PM)
- Location: Loews Atlanta Hotel
- Delta Air Lines and American Express are in Atlanta on their first stop of their Perksicle Tour across the U.S. #DeltaAmexPerks Experts will be giving out information about their Delta SkyMiles Credit Card as well as tasty icy treats. Card members and their one guest will receive a complimentary popsicle. Those that haven’t become members yet can purchase a pop, with proceeds going to the American Red Cross! Find out more information about the PERKSICLE Tour and where to find them here!
- Cocktails in the Garden
- Date: Now – September 27, 2018 (Thursdays, 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM)
- Location: Atlanta Botanical Garden
- One of my favorite things to do throughout the summer is visit the Atlanta Botanical Garden after hours. No, I’m not climbing fences and fighting security guards to get in, I’m too delicate. The ABG has amazing events after hours that you’ll definitely enjoy. Take a peek at “The Curious Garden” every Thursday night throughout the summer during Cocktails in the Garden, where you’ll enjoy specialty cocktails, fun appetizers and an exhibit that will surely get your mind wandering. Tickets start at $21.95. You can find more information about this fun event here!
- Turtle Trot 5K
- Date: Saturday, June 2, 2018 (7:00 AM – 10:00 AM)
- Location: Georgia Aquarium
- So, like, am I the only one that’s ever wanted to “go with the flow” with Crush and Squirt on the EAC while watching Finding Nemo? Okay, I’m sure I lost about half of you there. Forget it! Channel your inner Squirt at the Georgia Aquarium’s Turtle Trot 5K on Saturday. Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, this fun event is filled with great energy and fun all for a great cause. The race begins and ends at Pemberton Place, with a bumpin’ DJ there to keep that energy up once you’ve finished. All proceeds for this fun race go to the Georgia Aquarium’s research and conversation programs aimed at aquatic life (including turtles like Crush and Squirt). For more information on how you can participate, check it out!
MORE NEWS: CW69 Sports Interview: Shawn Elliott (Cont'd)
Alrighty, friends. You know what to do! Enjoy this fabulous weekend!