I just saw Hamilton last night, and I am SO hype. Can you hear it in my typing? No? k. never mind. Here’s your top five for this weekend…yo.
- Dates: Now – June 10, 2018
- Location: Fox Theatre
- The Tony Award-winning musical, Hamilton, is at the Fox Theatre for the next few weeks and I’m going to need you to get in there and see it! Based on the historical figure, Alexander Hamilton, step back in time to find out the truth behind the figure with hip-hop beats, powdered wigs and more. Check out my take on the show here, and get your tickets here!
- Dates: Now – May 27, 2018
- Location: Georgia World Congress Center
- Celebrate the fun of anime, gaming and comics at MOMOCON. This great convention welcomes over 80,000 people and grew from very small beginnings. Fans of Japanese anime, costuming/cosplay and more will have the opportunity to celebrate at this four-day event. Check out more information here.
- Atlanta Caribbean Carnival
- Date: Saturday, May 26, 2018
- Location: Central Park
- Celebrate the Caribbean culture all without leaving the city! Join everyone in a celebration of fun, music and dancing! With performances from some great Caribbean entertainers and DJs, you don’t want to miss this. Check out their site for more info!
- Summer Mix & Pour Mixology Class
- Date: Friday, May 25, 2018 (7:00pm – 9:00pm)
- Location: Southern Art & Bourbon Bar
- What’s better than drinking an eccentric cocktail? Learning how to make one. Join cocktail masters at Bourbon Bar on Friday as they teach you how to make some premium drinks using fresh and fun ingredients. This two-hour class will show you how to make some great drinks, all while snacking on some complimentary bites from Southern Arts’ head chef. You can still purchase your tickets, find them here!
- Old Fourth Ward Arts Festival
- Dates: Saturday, May 26, 2018 – Sunday, May 27, 2018
- Location: Historic Fourth Ward Park
- The historic Old Fourth Ward community invites you to celebrate with them as this two-day celebration brings out the best in food, fun and music. Its primary focus is to celebrate the arts of the community, whether independent or local art. Everyone is invited, so let’s go! Find more information here.
Here’s a freestyle before we go:
You like the way I type,
it makes me really hype.
There’s no way you can top it,
so I’m just gonna…stop it.
…but like, really. I’ll stop it. I’ll stop rapping. I’ll let the masters at Hamilton do that for me. Enjoy your weekend!