While you’re trying to figure out whether that creepy, robotic voice is saying “Yanny” or “Laurel”, I’m going to be the adult in this situation and give you fun things to do this weekend. Let’s do it!
READ MORE: The SCAD Fashion 2021 Experience
- Arts at Oakland Presents: Golden Hour
- Date: Saturday, May 19, 2018
- Location: Oakland Cemetery (event begins at 6:30 PM; sunset is at 8:34 PM)
- You’ve seen the Oakland Cemetery during the daylight and nighttime hours, but have you ever encountered some of its amazing installations during the “golden hour?” During the delicate times of sunrise and sunset, Oakland Cemetery is home to many site-specific installations that pair perfectly with the sun. Come Saturday for this fantastic event, as its the opening party for this great event. DJ Ree De La Vega & cellist Okorie Johnson will perform live along with great specials at the Golden Hour Cafe. Get more information here.
- SCAD FASHWKND
- Dates: Saturday, May 19, 2018 – Sunday, May 20, 2018
- Location: SCAD FASH Museum of Fashion + Film
- Bring all of your “YASS QUEEN”s and “SLAY ALL DAAAYYY”s to SCAD’s FASHWKND, a celebration of SCAD Fashion senior and graduate student collections. This event is known as one of the most notable events in the industry with immersive and creative presentations of fashion and culture. To find out more information, check it out here.
- Bikes and Brews Pop-Up Charity Ride
- Date: Saturday, May 19, 2018; 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Location: Pontoon Brewing
- Okay, cycling has become a new craze. Complete with people walking around in yoga pants and neon shirts, it’s a fun time, believe it or not. But somehow TURN Studio and Pontoon Brewing have figured out how to make it even more fun. On Saturday, pedal your way through TURN Studio’s 10 AM or 11 AM class with bumpin’ beats by DJ Jash Jay, and receive a free brew from Pontoon Brewing at the end! Now that’s that you call motivation! Reservations are required and space is limited, so reserve your spot right away!
READ MORE: Interview: Olivia Liang & Tzi Ma
- LEGOS and Joe at Ponce City Market
- Date: Saturday, May 19, 2018; 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Location: Ponce City Market
- I’m just going to say it right now…I’m a K’NEX-kinda guy. Yup, I said it. This sounds fun though. Grab the fam and head to The Shed at Ponce City Market on Saturday morning for a full day of engineering and design fun. Dancing Goats will provide some great tasting coffee to fuel you through building some great creations from a giant tub of LEGOs. This is a family-friendly event so bring the kids too! You can even try one of MODA’s design challenges if you’re feeling cool. Find out more about this fun event here!
- BEY DAY – All Beyoncé Dance Party!
- Date: Saturday, May 19, 2018; 10:00 PM
- Location: The Basement
- I have been waiting this entire article to write about this event. SATURDAY IS BEY DAY (I’m still slightly unsure what constitutes this as Bey Day, but whatever)!!! Celebrate the Survivor, the Me, Myself and I woman of the century Queen Bey at The Basement this Saturday with a dance party lasting all night. There will be nothing but Beyoncé, so by 11:30 the club will be jumpin’, jumpin’. Dusty Bottoms will be there too, omg! “All my women [and men] who independent,” go RSVP right here. I’ll definitely see you there.
Alright, there’s your weekend all laid out for you.MORE NEWS: Hollywood Reacts With Horror To Atlanta Shootings: 'We Must Stop Violence & Hate Against Our Asian Brothers And Sisters'
And I’m settling this right now–it’s Laurel. Don’t “@” me.