Okay, is it just me or does it seem like September has lasted for years? Well, enjoy its last weekend with these fun events.
- Atlanta International Fashion Week
- Dates: Now – Sunday, September 30, 2018
- Location: Citywide
- Right when I thought the closest I’d get to New York Fashion Week was watching Cardi B throw her shoe, we get our own! Atlanta International Fashion Week brings the entire world together through fashion, beauty and global fashion by industry leaders. You can even shop the runway that’ll feature some of your favorite brands and featured collections. Check out how you can grab your STYLEPass right here!
- Atlanta Mimosa Festival
- Date: Saturday, September 29, 2018 (1:00 PM – 5:00 PM)
- Location: Atlantic Station – Pinnacle Site
- OMG, my time has come! A celebration of Mimosas! Okay, so here are the deets. General admission costs $15 (in advance) and includes your entry, but food and drink costs extra. Now if you pay $45 (in advance), you’ll get bottomless drinks, but food will cost extra (um…this is a no-brainer here). And if you’re feeling really bougie, VIP advance tickets cost $69 (in advance). I’m going to need you to celebrate for me. Mimosas, bellinis, wine, beer and cider are all there. Head to their website to get your tickets now!
- The Cheese Fest Atlanta
- Date: Friday, September 28, 2018 (5:00 PM – 10:00 PM)
- Location: Historic Fourth Ward Park
- Unlimited cheese–that’s your calling. Unfortunately, I can’t go because lactose intolerance is a stinker (literally). But! Get out there and enjoy locally produced artisan cheeses, specialty food, wine & beer pairings and more! There’s even a chance for you to vote in the Meltdown Competition (I don’t know what that is, but it sounds enticing). All proceeds go to The Giving Kitchen! Check out the info here!
- Atlanta Streets Alive – Central
- Date: Sunday, September 30, 2018 (2:00 PM)
- Location: Downtown – Midtown
- Come participate in the last Atlanta Streets Alive event of the year! 3.1 miles of road will be blocked off from Downtown to Midtown Atlanta for your to pedal your way through the streets! If you’re not a biker, walking definitely works too. You can find out how to bring your wheels down right here!
- Sunday in the Park at Oakland
- Date: Sunday, September 30, 2018 (12:00 PM – 6:00 PM)
- Location: Historic Oakland Cemetery
- How often do you think of going to a festival at a cemetery? Well, it’s definitely something worth checking out at the Oakland Cemetery. One of the most historical sites in the Atlanta area invites you to celebrate with living history theatre performances, cemetery tours, live music, artist’s market and more! Historic Oakland Cemetery is actually one of my favorite destinations in Atlanta. It’s not only historical, but extremely enlightening once you see who lays to rest there. Find out more info here!
READ MORE: Meet The 11-Year-Old President Of The Pinellas Non-Profit, Trash Turles
Don’t forget tickets for School of Rock – The Musical are on sale now! The show starts performances on Tuesday, October 16 at the Fox Theatre. Get this. It’s only here for ONE WEEK. And, don’t worry, I’ll be sure to keep reminding you as we get closer and will have a fantastic recap for you too! Pull up your uniform shorts and grab your tickets today. Find them here!
MORE NEWS: CW69 Sports Interview: Shawn Elliott (Cont'd)