How To Make ‘The Carrie Diaries’ Purse!
If you’ve watched The Carrie Diaries, you know that Carrie’s prized possession is her purse that once belonged to her now deceased mom. Unfortunately, her sister steals the purse and accidentally gets nail polish on it. But luckily, Carrie doesn’t let this ruin her favorite purse. Instead, she takes the purse and adds more nail polish to it to make it look like she did it on purpose. What a great way to fix a potentially disastrous situation!
Do you have a purse that needs some sprucing up? Maybe you got nail polish or paint on it, or it has a few scuffs or rough patches. Not to worry!
First, try your design skills on this fancy app that the CW built just for this occasion. Once you’ve found the perfect design, follow these The Carrie Diaries inspired tips for fixing your old purse!
1. Find an old purse that needs to be fixed up.
2. Lay down some newspaper so you don’t get nail polish everywhere!
3. Find some of your favorite nail polish colors to splatter and decorate your purse with.
4. Here’s the fun part: begin splatting! You can try using a straw with a glob of polish on the end. Just blow through the straw to splat the polish all over the purse. You can also try taking the brush and drizzling the polish in different patterns across the purse. Try not to overkill on nail polish because it might ruin the look of the purse.
5. Once you’ve finished splattering, let the nail polish dry before you add any extra decorations.
6. After the splatter is dry, you can add decoration with one or two colors. Carrie added her name in script on her purse, but you can do whatever your fashionista heart desires. Try studs along the edge of the purse or glue on a funky brooch in place of the purse buckle.
There you have it! Now your old, drabby purse is fabulous and new! Give this DIY a try and tell us what you think.
P.S. If you absolutely LOVE Carrie’s purse, you can buy the real thing! The Carrie Diaries bag is a Mark Cross ‘Scottie’ bag. There is a small and large satchel available for retail. The small bag retails for a steal at $1,950 and the large satchel for the cool cost of $2,350. For more info about Carrie’s bag, click here!
Ariel Schiller/ CW44 Tampa Bay