Reporting Becca Ritchie
Becca Ritchie claims she's from Mystic Falls, but really, she lives in Atlanta where humidity is her greatest foe. She loves comic books, blue nail polish and Jonathan Taylor Thomas circa 1995. She frequents Twitter to dish about CW shows, and when she's not blogging about TV, she reviews YA books at Nawanda Files, a young adult book blog. Follow her on Twitter @Becca_Ritchie.
[SPOILER ALERT: Content from episode 1 below. Proceed with caution.]
Carrie’s little sister, Dorrit, had plenty of good lines this week, and she’s most definitely growing on me as a character. Also, Larissa kick-started the episode comparing models to emaciated muggles. Best line of the night!
Here are seven quotable moments.
- “In two weeks time, two emaciated muggles will cling to that bag like their lives will depend on it.” — Larissa to Carrie about a photo shoot featuring Carrie’s purse.
- Carrie: “We’re alone for exactly sixty-five seconds. I timed it.”
Sebastian: “Just imagine what would have happened if we had another nineteen seconds.”
- Maggie kisses Walt in the hallway. Walt: “Stop.”
Maggie: “I just want to feel close to you.”
Walt: “Well you couldn’t be any closer than you are right now. You’re kind of smothering me.”
Maggie: “I’m just trying to get something started. It’s not like you ever do. I’m kinda all alone in this.”
Walt: “Well maybe you shouldn’t try so hard. It makes you seem desperate.”
- “I couldn’t believe it. One night, I wrote my name on my mother’s bag in an attempt to salvage it, and now here I was, holding a Zebra and watching my purse be photographed for ‘Interview’ magazine.” — Carrie
- Walt: “The longer I waited and wondered where you were…”
Maggie: “I wasn’t with anyone. I swear.”
Walt: “It doesn’t matter. That’s weird, right? That I wouldn’t care.”
- Carrie: “I was hoping to make it up to you. Want to hang out? We can make a night of it. I think Mouse is coming over — watch ‘The Wall’ or something.”
Dorrit: “Are we going to be stoned?”
Dorrit: “Then I don’t get it. What’s the point?”
- Mouse: “I just miss him.”
Maggie: “I miss Walt.”
Carrie: “I miss Sebastian.”
Dorrit: “You guys are so lame.”
– Becca Ritchie