[SPOILER ALERT: Content from episode 1 below. Proceed with caution.]
With Carrie narrating most of the pilot, there were many more sentimental moments over funny. But I’m a sucker for a good heart-warming line, which Miss Bradshaw was in no short supply.
Here are five quotable moments from the pilot.
- “Maybe he’ll hot dog your key hole” — Maggie to Carrie about Sebastian Kydd.
- Sebastian: “So you’re the princess who slays her own dragons.”
Carrie: “Someone has to. Might as well be me, right?”
Sebastian: “I’d slay a dragon for you.”
- Carrie’s Boss: “I would never, it looks like something that singer would wear. You know, the one that takes Jesus’ name in vain.”
- “I might have just lost my innocence, my virginity. And not to the guy I had hoped but to a different man. Man-hattan. And maybe it wouldn’t respect me or even remember me, but after tonight, I knew I’d never be the same.” — Carrie
- “The city was no longer a fantasy. It was real. And I knew now that I wasn’t searching for something or somebody here. I was searching for me. Who I was. Who I wanted to be.” — Carrie
— Becca Ritchie