Reporting Becca Ritchie
Becca Ritchie claims she's from Mystic Falls, but really, she lives in Atlanta where humidity is her greatest foe. She loves comic books, blue nail polish and Jonathan Taylor Thomas circa 1995. She frequents Twitter to dish about CW shows, and when she's not blogging about TV, she reviews YA books at Nawanda Files, a young adult book blog. Follow her on Twitter @Becca_Ritchie.
[SPOILER ALERT: Content from episode 8 below. Proceed with caution.]
Last night’s episode featured the Eagle Rangers and an insecure, chubby camper named Conner who stole the hour with his baggy of animal cookies in hand. Here are six quotable moments.
- “Do not ever text me. Do you know how embarrassing that is? Lucas was holding my phone when I got a smiley text from my father.” — Magnolia to her dad
- Eagle Ranger Leader: “Welcome to the wilderness, Eagle Rangers. Now take a deep breath, that’s the fresh air of nature’s playground. And it’s all ours for the next twenty-four hours. Anything you want to add?”
Wade: “Uh…try not to get killed by snakes.”
- “Eagle Rangers, to the skies!” — George
- George, after a Little Ranger goes missing: “There are protocols that we need to be following here. We need to alert the search and rescue and have them put a team in place.”
Wade: “I know I’m no life-long Eagle Ranger, but before we call the Air Force or whatever, maybe we should just continue following the trail of frosted animal cookies.”
- “All great relationships start with a murky future, and all the perfect relationships where the people think they’re going to be together forever — they explode!” — Zoe to Lavon
- “Sometimes the things you tell yourself when you’re ten years old, they become kinda truth. So here I am, twenty years later — still believe I’m second-rate to some of those guys, even the ones I’m friend’s with. You can’t grow up feeling like you’re not as good as the people around you.” — Wade to Conner
– Becca Ritchie