Reporting Becca Ritchie
Becca RitchieBecca Ritchie is a Georgia native studying English and Mass Media Arts at UGA. Most of her time is spent reading—pretty much anything—but most often you can catch her with a Young Adult book in hand. She's a fan of Bluebell, Alabama and vampires who live in Mystic Falls. She also runs a YA book blog called Nawanda Files (http://nawandafiles.blogspot.com)with a girl who looks far too much like her. Follow her on Twitter @Becca_Ritchie. You can email her at email@example.com
[SPOILER ALERT: Content from episode 2 below. Proceed with caution.]
My favorite beat belonged to Tommy, Oliver’s best friend, about how much trouble Oliver caused before he was marooned on an island. In the first five minutes, jokes were cracked along with disapproving frowns. Just the way I like it! Here are six quotable moments from episode 2:
- “There was the DUI, the assault on that paparazzi douche bag, stealing that taxi — which was just awesome by the way, and who could forget peeing on the cop?” — Tommy about Oliver’s court appearances.
- “They were bringing me back from the dead, legally speaking.” — Oliver to Laurel
- After Oliver drives off without Diggle, his bodyguard. “This happens to you a lot doesn’t it?” — Tommy
- Oliver: “You think this is what Dad would want for you?”
Thea: “Dead people don’t want anything. It’s one of the benefits of being dead.”
Oliver: “I was dead, and I wanted a lot.”
- “Maybe after five years alone, you’re not as messed up in the head as you have a right to be.” — Diggle to Oliver
- “You asked me to save the city, to right your wrongs. I will, I swear. But to do that, I can’t be the Oliver that everyone wants me to be. Which means that sometimes to honor your wishes, I need to dishonor your memory.” — Oliver to his father’s grave.
– Becca Ritchie